Please note as well that travel to Cuba for TOURISTIC ACTIVITIES IS NOT PERMITTED.
As stated in current Office of Foreign Asset Control regulations for the following 12 categories of travel: The traveler’s schedule of activities must not include free time or recreation in excess of that consistent with a full-time schedule. An entire group does not qualify for the general license merely because some members of the group qualify individually.
Below is a list of the 12 approved Categories for Travel-related transactions to, from, and within Cuba by persons subject to US jurisdiction including US citizens, residents et. al.
- Family visits
- Official business of the U.S. Government, foreign governments and certain intergovernmental organizations
- Journalistic activities
- Professional research or meetings
- Educational activities
- Religious activities
- Public performance, clinics, workshops, athletic or other competitions and exhibitions
- Support for Cuban people
- Humanitarian projects
- Activities of private foundations or research or educational institutes
- Exportation, importation, or transmission of information or informational materials
- Certain export transactions that may be considered for authorization under existing Department of Commerce regulations and guidelines with respect to Cuba or engaged in by US-owned or -controlled foreign firms